Diplomacy map mode
The diplomacy map represents countries using green, red and gray colors as well as various symbols (placed in the capitals).
- A little crown on the top: there is a royal marriage between the active country and the other country.
- A clenched fist grasping a pair of lightnings: there is a military alliance between the active country and the other country.
- A cloud with two emerging lightnings on the top: the active country has a casus belli on the other country.
- A griffon (on the left) and a lion (on the right): the other country is a vassal of the active country.
- A fire: the active country and the other country are at war.
The color assigned to provinces changes, depending on which submode the diplomacy screen is in, Alliances or Relations.
Alliances Screen Colors
If the diplomacy screen is in its alliance screen submode, the color codes are as follows:
- dark green: the active country
- light green: the active country and the other country have a royal marriage, are part of the same military alliance, are together in a war coalition, or the other country is a vassal.
- grey : the countries have no substantial relationships, either positive or negative.
- light red: a casus belli exists by one country on the other.
- middle red: CBs exist both ways between the countries.
- dark red: the active country and the other country are at war.
Relations Screen Colors
If the diplomacy screen is in its relations screen submode, the color codes are as follows:
- dark green: relations are 150+
- light green: 75 < relations < 150
- white: -75 < relations <= 75
- light red: -150 < relations <=-75
- dark red: relations are -150 or lower